Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Idaho or Bust!

Can you believe it? I am actually making a post today!!!! I have been called by several friends with threats on my children if I didn't post sometime soon. :) Life has been a bit hectic these past few months, so I will catch everyone up.

I moved to Pocatello, Idaho with the kids in August, and Craig followed me up at the end of September. Needless to say, the single parenting thing is much harder than anyone could ever imagine. I moved up sooner, so the kids wouldn't miss any school, while Craig had to stay until his job was ready to transfer him. Costco is great, and the new store is full of fun coworkers for us to get to know.

We live in a humble apartment, but this is all part of the student experience right? We LOVE, LOVE, LOVE, living in Idaho, and we hope to find a house sooner than later. We have made a couple of offers, but I guess they weren't where the Lord wanted us to be. Our ward is a ton of fun, and we have already made some life-long friends. We find that the people here are very humble, and that the basic necessities in life are all they need to be happy. It is a good lesson for us, and we find ourselves caring less about the unimportant things in life.

Anderson is growing too fast as all babies do. He sits and attempts crawling, but the rug burns on his forehead tell the story of his success. He is an overly happy child, and I am so happy to be his mommy.

Colton is a very BUSY boy! He is a true two-year-old, and he keeps me running. He is so funny with his talking, and has a strong liking for trucks. This is good since it is masculine, but he can't say the word truck, and it comes out as *uck. Yes..........he fights over the fire truck in nursery, and he sounds like a sailor.

Allyson is in heaven with attending Kindergarten. She loves her teacher, and has just taken off with reading. If I can't find her in the day, I usually discover her in McKay's closet with the light on, either reading or drawing where Colton won't bug her.

McKay is loving reading as well, and wants to spell all of his conversations with us. This gets terribly annoying, but I don't want to discourage him. This is why the ten minute rule was born. Any time during the day if he wants to spell to us, he gets ten minutes of fun. The end. It makes one crazy I promise!

I started selling Scentsy wickless candles, and I am having tons of fun. They become an addiciton, and I really love meeting new people with the business. I am also thrilled to be able to stay at home with the kids instead of waitressing at night.

Like I said earlier, Craig transferred to Pocatello with Costco, and he truly loves his job. He did marketing for the month prior to opening, and he met a lot of great locals who stop and talk to him in public like they've known each other for years. Craig is the head pharmacy technician here, so he trains others on the system, and does all of the returns, orders, and stocking. He will be interning here during pharmacy school, so he is lucky he is enjoying it so much.

We love you all, and wish that we could see our friends more often. I will try to keep up with the blog and figure out the camera thing.